The Lemon Drop is a relaxed, easy sewing pattern with a folded sleeve hem and boatneck neckline. There are two sleeve length options (short sleeve and bracelet-length sleeve), and the ability to make dress or shirt silhouettes.
The Lemon drop is modern, comfortable and stylish. You’ll want to make one in every colour!
Skill Level: Beginner
This pattern is designed with with beginners in mind. The only challenging step is a little bit of "stitching in the ditch". This is a knit pattern, but it can be sewn with a standard domestic machine. Optional overlocking/serging instructions are included.
• Sizes A-G (US 2-14, AUS & UK 6-16)
See the 'sizing guide' image for measurements.
Immediately after checkout you will be able to download the zipped pattern. This file includes:
• 2 Print-At-Home PDFs: 12 pages for the short sleeve version and 14 pages for the long sleeve version.
• A Copy Shop PDF: 1 x A0 pages to print at your local print shop (ie. Kinkos, Officeworks)
• An instruction file: 8 pages of sewing instructions with detailed illustrations.
Download size is 2mb.
This pattern is designed for stretch knit fabrics. All weights and levels of stretch will work, but beginners are encouraged to try thicker, more stable knit fabrics first. Ponte, scuba, jersey, interlock and double knits are all suitable.
• Dress length: 2.8m (3 yards) of stretch knit fabric with a 144cm (55”) width.
• Shirt length: 1.3m (1.4 yards) of stretch knit fabric with a 144cm (55”) width.
• A sewing machine with a ballpoint needle for the main seams and a twin-needle for the hem.