'The G&T Shirt' is a women's sewing pattern for an easy, flattering v-neck tshirt. A great basic tee, you'll want to make one of these in every colour! This is an excellent sewing pattern for all levels of sewing experience.
Skill Level: Beginners
This tshirt pattern is aimed at people who are beginners to sewing knits. You will need a basic sewing vocabulary and a good understanding of your sewing machine.
Sizes: A-G (US Women's 2-14, AUS & UK Women's 6-16)
See the 'sizing guide' tab for measurements.
Immediately after checkout you will be able to download the zipped pattern. This file includes:
- A Print-At-Home PDF: 12 x A4 or US Letter pages to print on your home computer.
- A Copy Shop PDF: 1 x A0 pages to print at your local print shop (ie. Kinkos, Officeworks)
- An instruction file: 4 pages of sewing instructions with detailed illustrations.
Download size is 850kb.
This pattern is designed for knitted fabrics with a minimum of 5% lycra or elastane. Suggested knits include jersey, double jersey, interlock or a ribbed knit. Wool, poly, cotton or rayon knits all work well, as long as they include at least 5% lycra or elastane.
• 1m (1.1 yards) of fabric with a width of 150cm (60”)
• OR 1.6m (1.75 yards) of fabric with a width of 112cm (44”)
Sewing Machine Requirements
• An overlocker (serger) threaded up for stretch knits is required for the main seams.
• A sewing machine set up with a twin needle is recommended for the hems.