Skill Level: Intermediate.
You don't need to be an expert to sew up this dramatic blouse! There is a little bit of basic origami folding, and a small section of gathering, but that's as hard as it gets. You should be familiar with basic sewing terms and have a good understanding of your machine. There are no zips, no buttons, no set-in sleeves.
(Equivalent to US 2-14 / UK 6-18)
PDF : The downloadable pattern is emailed immediately after checkout. The file includes:
• A Print-At-Home PDF: 36 x A4 or US Letter pages.
• A Copy Shop PDF: 2 x A0 pages to print at your local print shop (ie. Kinkos, Officeworks)
• An instruction file: 10 pages of very very detailed sewing instructions with illustrations - our best instructions ever!
Download size is 4mb.
This pattern is designed for crisp woven fabrics. Shirting is perfect, and lawn, poplin, broadcloth, and quilter’s cotton are all suitable too. Avoid anything silky
or too synthetic as it will make the sleeves too floppy.
Materials required - Standard Sizes:
• 3.75m (4.1 yards) of fabric with a 115cm (44") width.
• OR 3m (3.3 yards) of fabric with 150cm (58”) width.
• Approximately 1m (3') of narrow elastic.
• Tailors chalk to draw guides onto your fabric.